Don't run well on Winxp?? Or maybe just my computer?
Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K
-
Veggita2099
- Peasant Status
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:00 am
Don't run well on Winxp?? Or maybe just my computer?
Well before I Begin here is my system specs(stuff that matters at least):<br>AMD atholon 1.7 gigahertz processor<br>512 megs of pc133 memory<br>geforce 3 ti 200 128 meg DDR memory<br>Sound Blaster Live Value sound card<br>Via chipset on the motherboard.<br><br>Needless to say this game should have no problems running on this PC. I also have up to date drivers for my sound and video card, so that shouldn't be a problem. The game runs fine but the sound is very choppy. Also when the talk boxes come up it is very slow. <br><br>A good example is when you talk to the haystack. IT took almost 10 minutes to complete that conversation. Part of the problem might be the fact you can't just click to go on. I guess when making some of the conversations the programmers must have had the mentally challenged in mind since they take forever! But basically my biggest problem is the choppy music. The sound FX seems ok (I have also downloaded the digital music), but the music is horrible. You would think I had busted speakers listening to it. <br> <p></p><i></i>
-
Wolfgang Abenteuer
- Moderator
- Posts: 2058
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2002 2:29 am
Re: Don't run well on Winxp?? Or maybe just my computer?
Hmmm...I think this game has been thoroughly tested on XP as well as the different Windows OS's but I may be wrong. Try posting this in the Technical Forum instead since it's a technical issue.<br><br>But since you're here, what screen resolution are you using for the game? Often times resolutions higher than 320X200 will cause the animations to slow and make the music choppy or out of sync even if you're running on a top-end machine. Make sure your resolution is set at 320X200 by setting it under the Options in the KQ2VGA startup screen. If you're still having problems then reply.<br><br>~Wolfgang <p></p><i></i>
Re: Don't run well on Winxp?? Or maybe just my computer?
Don't bother re-posting please. Erpy will move the thread. This also applies to everyone else whose posted in the wrong forum quite a lot today. And try to use the right forum in the future. <p></p><i></i>