King's Quest Movie

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Post Reply
Message
Author
kpomeroy
Peasant Status
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:22 pm
Location: SLC, UT

King's Quest Movie

#1 Post by kpomeroy » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:32 pm

Hi,
I'm new to the boards here. I've had a chance to play both the KQ1 & KQ2+ for AGDI, and I wanted to say amongst the many others how much I've enjoyed them and eagerly look forward to QFG2. Having been a fan of the series since I was a kid, like many of you it was a major influence on my young life. I am so glad to see all the fan projects come to life to allow us to all look back and reflect on those times in our lives.

 Well as a writer myself (and the first stories I wrote, you guessed it King's Quest fan fiction) and a filmmaker I thought it would be cool to make a film based upon King's Quest: Quest for the Throne. It could either be a) a fan film like many of those star wars type fan films or b) a real film made in tribute to this great series. Granted for the second option to happen it would require Roberta William's and Sierra to sign off to the idea.

So what would you think about having a King's Quest movie? What things would be cool to see? What obstacles would one have to overcome? Any input or feedback on the idea? How do you tur a adventure game with tons of possibilties into a single centralized plot? Well either way I enjoy being here among fellow KQ fans, and I look forward to whatever is in store for the future of the series and its fans.

- K Pomeroy

User avatar
Vroomfondel
Knight Status
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:29 am
Location: California, USA
Contact:

#2 Post by Vroomfondel » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:51 pm

I like the idea of turning KQ1 into a movie, the only trouble is that adventure games just don't really translate to movies well. It could be done though, provided everyone who worked on the project was really dedicated. As for how I'd like to see it done, I'd like it as a 1:1 movie, no additions, except for maybe some added dialogue or something to maybe make it not appear so bland. The first KQ was mostly walking around picking stuff up, not too much talking.



-Vroom

Post Reply