Search found 17 matches

by HJRodrigo
Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:37 am
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

I back and all I can say is sweet work guys!!! Make more backgrouds :p  !
by HJRodrigo
Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:55 am
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

I think you should post what you have done. This thread is a way to practice your skills. :)
by HJRodrigo
Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:12 am
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: Help Learning VGA sprite making
Replies: 8
Views: 3809

Here is another attempt at a character (Guess who). She is a rough state, but you get the idea of where I am headed. Suggestions/advice/edits?

Image

P.S. BT if you have e-mailed me I didn't get it (My junk filters are really sensitive)
by HJRodrigo
Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:38 pm
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

Sweet work guys. Thanks for the link JLM5 I had problems trying to compile AGI Studio in XP.
by HJRodrigo
Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:20 am
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: Help Learning VGA sprite making
Replies: 8
Views: 3809

Well since every one keeps mentioning animations. Here is a real quick one I made just for fun.
Image :rollin
by HJRodrigo
Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:02 pm
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: Help Learning VGA sprite making
Replies: 8
Views: 3809

:lol  For a second there you had me confused. I was like "When had Sierra made a KQ3 VGA version!!", but then I realized you were refering to a fan project. By Photoshop, I imagine you mean create a large version and then resize it and give it a limited palette. P.S. I forgot to fix the bo...
by HJRodrigo
Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:28 pm
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: Help Learning VGA sprite making
Replies: 8
Views: 3809

Help Learning VGA sprite making

I was thinking of trying to make sprites for SQ2, but I have no experience with this kind of sprite. Please give me any pointers/suggestions/comments. Here is my first attempt of remaking a sierra sprite. http://members.cox.net/hjrodrigo/kqtest.png P.S. My end goal is to be able to make original spr...
by HJRodrigo
Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:01 am
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

Well...most of the sceens from here http://www.spacequest.net/sq2/screenshots/ have been done. I was thinking of doing the bathroom or a hallway or something :p.
by HJRodrigo
Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:30 pm
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

Nice job Khaveen and JLM5!   JLM5 is doing a pretty good job at unifying the look of backgrounds.
by HJRodrigo
Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:31 am
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

Here is the the screenshot with the VGA color palette. I experienced quite a bit of color loss on the launch pad (Had a few oil/unknown stains on it) and the red lights glow look a bit funky. Edit away guys (I can post Full color components/Layers if it helps) or at least tell me ways of improving i...
by HJRodrigo
Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:53 pm
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

Blackthorne519 wrote:Most of the rocks in the background were just "placement".  I never finished giving them good definition or character.

Bt
Ahhh. I noticed that for the rocks in the back, but assumed that it was done in order to show depth.
by HJRodrigo
Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:28 pm
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

BT, what exactly is unfinished with your picture? It looks pretty good already, I gave it a limited palette much like Sierra would and it looks great.
Image
by HJRodrigo
Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:54 am
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

I assume these images are something like public domain.

Here was a try I did of a vga screen with something that Rog posted earlier that I never posted as it is incomplete.
Image
by HJRodrigo
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:39 am
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

Nice work JLM5, Blackthorne, and Loeky! I guess I will also follow Blackthorne's example. EDIT: Decided to finish it up some more as it was in a very crude stare :p Here is my unfinished background. I did not complete drawing the shadowed in areas, the stairs, glow of the red lights, and making the ...
by HJRodrigo
Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:23 am
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

Thanks guys. I decided to do some changes to make my mock ups look more Sierra VGA like. Can't decide which I prefer. http://members.cox.net/hjrodrigo/title1.gif http://members.cox.net/hjrodrigo/title2.gif Edited to match the others. http://members.cox.net/hjrodrigo/end.gif P.S. Began work on the ot...
by HJRodrigo
Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:45 am
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

Some of my attempts, edit away if you want guys. http://members.cox.net/hjrodrigo/sq2titleVGA.gif http://members.cox.net/hjrodrigo/sq2endVGA.gif Edit: Felt the desire to put Roger in the window  :p I am thinking about working on this on as it appears to be unclaimed. http://members.cox.net/hjrodrigo...
by HJRodrigo
Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:10 pm
Forum: Game Making Forum
Topic: The Sierra VGA Background Remakes Thread
Replies: 478
Views: 263037

Not such a big deal. Making earth scenes look "out of this world" can be as simple as altering just the hue of the image. Look below for some examples. http://members.cox.net/hjrodrigo/2.png http://members.cox.net/hjrodrigo/3.png With a lasso tool or magic wand one can grab their favorite ...